Off-floor storage and retrieval machines
Meet our high-flyer, the Aviator®: taking the SRM upward for greater planning flexibility. Production lines, storage systems and order picking zones can be designed and configured as needed to meet logistics requirements.
The Aviator® is an off-floor SRM used for all kinds of applications within intralogistics. Many off-floor solutions are only made possible thanks to the Aviator® technology. Floor space can still be navigated by people and vehicles, as no travel rails are required on the floor for the Aviator®.
Unlike floor-bound SRMs, the Aviator® operates with its travel carriage and hoist unit at the topmost level of the high-bay warehouse, without impinging on the storage space at that level. Ropes lift and lower the load handling device within the aisle. Smart automation technology directs the load handling device to the precise compartment.
In order picking zones, floor-bound transverse transport vehicles are used to distribute and supply palletised goods. The Aviator® is an ideal solution when looking to shorten order picking distances and thereby save time. Aisles can be crossed at freely definable points with the aid of personal protection equipment. Order picking zones can also be integrated into Satellite® storage systems and combined with the Aviator®. If synergies present themselves, floor-bound SRMs can be used as well.
Such aspects can also be considered when replacing some areas of a high-bay warehouse with narrow-aisle trucks with the Aviator®. For example, a single-bay warehouse with many aisles might have sufficient technology with two Aviators® and a transfer device. The existing floor slab is usually retained and the remaining narrow-aisle trucks are used as backup during peaks or when additional availability is needed.
- Building floors or hall levels are directly connected via the vertical movement
- Racks are built over supply and dispatch buildings, providing additional storage capacities
- Storage systems are arranged over two levels above production zones to directly supply production lines
- Temperature zones arranged one after the other are accessed from above without air exchange
- There are fewer planning restrictions due to fire prevention and escape route requirements between storage sections
- Off-floor SRMs are ideal for meeting explosion protection requirements in situations where explosive gases collect near the floor