A general overhaul of automated storage systems is usually highly recommended after 10 to 15 years of operation. Act in time and have your automated high-bay warehouse retrofitted. We will help you maintain the highest plant availability, react to necessary software updates in a forward-looking manner and have access to all required spare parts.
Schedule the retrofit of your plant with us, whether it is for storage systems provided by us or for third-party systems. We will help you make your storage system future-proof.
Secure benefits with a timely retrofit
- Highest planning reliability and functional safety: We can detect critical and unsafe components at an early stage to achieve maximum availability for your automated storage system.
- Retrofit during operation: We plan the complete overhaul of the channel/Satellite® storage system in the long term, specifically and with foresight into the intralogistics processes of our customers. This is how we minimize operational interruptions.
- Complete mechanical and electrical retrofit: Unlike our competitors, we offer a complete retrofit, the “General Overhaul Plus” of all mechanical and electrical parts at a fair price. Customer staff and contracted personnel work with state-of-the-art technology.
- Up-to-date software: The warehouse management and material flow control software remains up to date with our Savanna.NET® warehouse execution system, and new functionalities are seamlessly integrated as required.
- Up-to-date control system: We manufacture and program PLC control systems ourselves, which is for the benefit of our customers as they can rely on state-of-the-art control systems.
- Timely component replacement: We replace components in good time and procure spare parts quickly. This prevents sudden downtimes and considerably extends the service life.
- Reliable suppliers: We reduced the number of our suppliers to particularly reliable partners. This saves us time and reduces organizational effort for our customers.
- Renewed life cycle: Retrofits renew the life cycle of the plant and thus maintain its value. In addition, the performance of the storage system can be increased.
- Retrofit without customer personnel: Customers can have the retrofit performed entirely without their own personnel if desired.
This is how we retrofit for you:
Our customer service team can already tell whether a retrofit is recommended during their regular inspections. One of our modernization specialists will then take another look at your system on site and analyze the need for modernization. A timely retrofit such as updating the PLC control system or replacing hoisting chains and other parts of the drive technology ensures flawless production and delivery processes.
We update your storage system, your PLC control system as well as your warehouse management software and warehouse control software on request. We have several project managers, each with their own team, available for retrofitting your plant. The retrofit will be based on your production and warehouse logistics plans.
It usually takes four to six weeks from our analysis of your system to submitting a quotation, and up to another five months from the quotation to the acceptance of the overhauled system. In the quotation, we explicitly identify the unsafe and critical components and specify the expected modernization and maintenance phases during which the warehouse will not be in operation or in partial operation. With good preparation and depending on the complexity and size of your plant, a retrofit can be completed in a few weeks.
Virtually no personnel expenditure
If you wish, you can accompany this process with your own logistics planners or staff, but you can also leave the retrofit to us without the involvement of your own personnel until we put the system back into operation together with your team. We arrange the logistics of all the necessary components, including commissioning the logistics provider, customs declarations and all the necessary documents. They help us unload and safely stow the components, usually about ten Euro pallets or half a truckload.
Christian Dittrich has been responsible for conversion and modernization at Westfalia for six years. He supervises the analysis and installations in the automated storage systems of our customers in East Westphalia, Switzerland and the Netherlands. A qualified electrical engineer, Christian Dittrich appreciates dealing with customers.c.dittrich(at)westfaliaeurope.com