Westfalia is highly committed to protecting your personal data and your privacy and strictly complies with the provisions of data protection law. This website collects personal data only to the extent necessary for technical purposes. Under no circumstances is any of the collected data sold or otherwise passed on to third parties.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the data protection officer
This data protection information applies for data processing carried out by:
Liebert IT-Solutions GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 2862 580123
Fax: +49 2862 580124
2. Collection and storage of personal data; type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you access our website www.westfaliaeurope.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part and saved until automated deletion:
- IP address of the accessing device
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Referrer URL (the previously visited website)
- Website from which our website is accessed (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, in certain cases, the operating system of your device as well as the name of your access provider
We process the data listed above for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection with our website
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website
- Evaluating system security and stability, and
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes of data collection listed above. In no case do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person (profiling).
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions whatsoever, you can contact us using a form provided for this purpose on our website. When contacting us, you need to leave your valid e-mail address so that we know who the inquiry comes from and can reply to your inquiry.
In accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntary consent.
3) Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will disclose your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, disclosure is necessary for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims and there is no reason to assume that such claims are overridden by your interest in non-disclosure of your data which require protection;
- in accordance with Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- this is legally permissible and necessary in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
The cookie is used to store information regarding which arises in connection with the particular device used. This does not, however, mean that as a result we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, to enhance user friendliness we also use temporary cookies which are stored on your device for a certain stipulated period of time. If you visit our website again in order to make use of our services, our website automatically identifies that you have visited us in the past and recalls stored information and preferred settings so you do not have to enter these again.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and the interests of third parties in accordance with Article (6)(1)(f) of the GDPR.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is installed. However, by disabling cookies altogether you may no longer be able to use all the functions of our website.
5) Analytics Tools
a) Google Analytics
For purposes of a demand-oriented design and ongoing enhancement of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this regard, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4 hereof) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- browser type / version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the previously visited website)
- host name of accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server inquiry
is transmitted to a server of Google in the United States and stored there. That information is used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services relating to use of the website and Internet usage for purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of this website. The information may also be transferred to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information in their capacity as data processors. Under no circumstances will your IP address be linked with other Google data. IP addresses are anonymised to prevent them from being matched (IP masking).
You can block the installation of the cookies by changing the settings of your browser software accordingly; we must, however, inform you that, if you do so, you may be unable to use all of the functions of this website.
In addition, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie based on your usage of this website (including your IP address) being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on available under the following link: (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially with browsers on mobile devices, you can click on this link to stop future data collection via Google Analytics on this website. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device which prevents future collection of your data when visiting this website The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, the opt-out cookie must be set again.
For further information in connection with Google Analytics please refer to the Google Analytics help page (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
b) Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
In order to collect statistical data on the use of our website which data we then evaluate for purposes of optimising our website for you, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. With Google Conversion Tracking, Google AdWords stores a cookie (see section 4 hereof) on your computer, if you have reached our website through a Google advertisement.
These cookies are deleted after 30 days and do not serve to provide personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the website of the AdWords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can identify that the user has clicked on the advertisement and was forwarded to this website.
Each Google AdWords customer is given a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be traced back through the website of AdWords customers. The information collected by means of the conversion cookie is used to provide conversion statistics to AdWords customers who have decided to make use of conversion tracking. AdWords customers are informed about the total number of users who clicked on their advertisement and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that helps identify individual users.
If you do not wish to participate in the tracking procedure, you can object to cookies being placed on your computer, e.g. through web browser settings which disable automatic cookie support. You can also disable cookies for conversion tracking by setting your web browser to block cookies from the “www.googleadservices.com” domain. For Google’s privacy statement on conversion tracking go to (https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
This website uses Hotjar, a web analytics tool. Interactions of randomly selected website visitors are recorded anonymously. This provides us with a report which aimes to show improvement possibilities of the respective website. This report includes various data, e.g. mouse movements and clicks. In addition, information about the operating system, browsers, incoming and outgoing links, geographical origin, as well as the resolution and type of the device are evaluated for statistical purposes.
This information is not personal and will not be disclosed to third parties by Hotjar. If you do not want to be recorded, you can disable it on all websites using Hotjar by setting the DoNotTrack header in your browser. See the following page for more information: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
6) Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to demand information on your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR. More specifically, you have the right to demand information on the purposes of processing of the data; the categories of personal data concerned; the categories of recipient to whom your data have been or will be disclosed; the intended duration of storage; the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint; the source of your data where such data have not been collected from us; and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- to demand information the immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR;
- to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of processing your personal data in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you; the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need such data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- to demand your personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to demand transmission of those data to another controller in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR;
- to withdraw at any time your consent given to us in accordance with Article 7(3) of the GDPR. As a result, we will in future no longer be allowed to continue any data processing that was based on that consent; and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. As a rule, you can for this purpose contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence, at your place of work, or at the place of our registered office.
7) Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, you have the right to object, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, to processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if your objection is directed at direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object which is acted upon by us even if no details of a particular situation are given.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw or your right to object, please send an e-mail to Datenschutz[at]Liebert-IT.de.
8) Data security
In connection with your visit on our website, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your Browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your Browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can recognise the encrypted transmission of an individual page of our Internet platform, if the key or lock symbol is displayed as closed in the lower status bar of your browser.
In addition, we also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved according to the latest technology standards.
9) Up-to-dateness of and changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid and was last revised in May 2018. Changes of this Privacy Statement may become necessary due to the ongoing development of our website and our web offerings or due to changes in legal or official requirements. Please refer to www.westfaliaeurope.com/en/data-protection.html in order to retrieve and print the most recent version of our Privacy Statement.