Savanna.NET® is Westfalia’s supply chain software. The logistics software offers various IT functions for Warehouse Execution Systems. Savanna.NET® helps automate the entire supply chain.
The modular Warehouse Execution System uses Microsoft C#.NET technology. The software core contains the most important basic services (.base) and control functions for successfully operating an automated logistics system. Any number of modules can be docked to the .base core, according to requirements.
Savanna.NET® grows with your company. The Savanna module concept facilitates pragmatic entry and gradual expansions. It is the result of intensive dialogue with our customers from the various different industry sectors.
At a glance:
> Flexible design that provides robust inventory management, order
management and fulfilment, and direction of automated equipment.
> Interfacing with virtually any host system and a variety of interfaces.
> Support for both conventional and automated warehouses:
automation is not necessary to take full advantage of the
> User-friendly interface that supports intuitive operation.
> Sophisticated storage and retrieval algorithms for maximum
warehouse space utilisation.
Savanna.NET® MANAGES YOUR INTRALOGISTICS PROCESSES
- Flexible implementation: The Savanna.NET® platform can manage the entire warehouse process, or only the aspects of your operation that require more sophisticated and accurate measurement and/or management. A key benefit here is scalability. If the volume or geographic coverage of your business expands, Savanna simply grows with it. Its functionality is also easily enhanced by client-driven customisations .
- Focus on the inventory system: Savanna.NET® is designed to bring the highest level of precision to your warehouse inventory management by monitoring inventory from receiving to shipping, so that all costs are captured and inventory turns are correctly calculated and properly picked and shipped.
- Flexible adjustment to your infrastructure: Savanna.NET® has been conceived with flexibility in mind, to accommodate virtually any racking system, material handling equipment, aisle layout and ceiling height. The Savanna.NET® Warehouse Execution System can bundle existing individual solutions within one piece of software. The flexibility of Savanna.NET® is the foundation that allows for various IT-side deployment options .
- Flexible adjustment to your processes: Savanna.NET® maximises your flexibility so that you can seamlessly integrate your processes into the standard Savanna.NET® functionality .
- Extension to include your material flow control: For those with an existing warehouse management system looking to introduce a material flow control system to assist in automation, it is worth opting for Savanna.NET®. This allows your company to continue using your familiar warehouse management system, integrate it with the WES and then enable only the material flow control functionality.
- First step towards automation: Alternatively, if an organisation has not yet introduced automation warranting a material flow control system, it can still implement a warehouse management system, only utilise the warehouse management capabilities, and then ‘turn on’ the material flow control functionality when needed. This allows operators to utilise a familiar user interface, reducing training time and shortening the system startup duration.