With its core warehouse management functionality, Savanna.NET® controls how materials are moved, stored and retrieved within a warehouse – basically managing the entire inventory.
The warehouse management features of the WES manage stock, record and track batches, and help to fulfil orders and move products. In addition, the WES enables tracking of all these operations over extended periods. By efficiently managing and “directing” warehouse inventory, pallet racks, equipment and staff, the WES minimizes costs and processing times.
Managing Warehouse Inventory, Handling Orders
Unique IDs for unit loads and their loads such as stock keeping units (SKUs) are key to warehouse automation. Like other item identifiers, they are stored in the central Savanna database. This data enables the merging of goods and pallets from different storage areas and, for example, their staging in the right order for order picking or loading onto a truck. Operational processes are thus handled swiftly, cost-effectively and accurately, while stock is recorded and tracked without errors or gaps.
Using the optional .connect interface, an ERP system receives all necessary information about stock changes from Savanna.NET®. This way, the available stock is known at all times and customers are informed and can be supplied on time.
- Managing goods acceptance, storage and retrieval
- Transferring and managing inventory between different locations
- Managing orders and handling returns
- Storage in a specific or undirected manner at automated or conventional locations
- Collection and processing of data via handheld devices, forklift, or desktop
- Recording and further processing all items and SKUs with units of measurement, weight and quantity
- Management via batch tracking system
- Expiry dates or batch IDs supported
- Control of stock samples via individual batches, items or item categories
- Manual input of inventory data or receipt from a client host via interface
Managing Various Load Carriers and Using Space Effectively
As warehouse operations grow in size, the range of load carrier types often increases as well. The Savanna.NET® WMS functionality supports load carrier management and helps to ensure optimal usage of the available storage space.
- Managing load carriers of different shapes and sizes
- Tracking individual stock of load carriers and unit loads
- The system assigns unique IDs and data such as SKU, batch, product, expiration date, positions or blocks to load carriers.
- Blocking, putting in “quarantine” and assigning a deadline to load carriers
- Flexible configuration of other load carriers for multiple items and batches
- Determining the best warehouse location or criteria for retrieving products based on algorithms
- Comparing inventories; ensuring currentness of data and congruence between PLC and WMS systems
Controlling Data Security and Access Rights
Appropriate (data) security in warehouse operations is crucial and often even vital for a business. The Savanna.NET® security functions help protect the interests of enterprises and customers while allowing all employees to view the information that is relevant to them.
- Different access security levels
- Defining user groups (roles) and assigning user rights
- Creating roles with full or restricted system access
- High level of security and clear work processes/responsibilities